The end of year is approaching quickly for graduating seniors.
Listed below is a calendar with some important information regarding dates, times, and locations for various events.
May 7th : All Senior Fees & Fines due
May 10th : Seniors last day of regular attendance
May 11th : Senior Class Trip to Great America, Bus leaves 6:45 p.m. Return approximately 6:30 a.m.
May 15th: Band and Choir Trip to Hamilton Musical
Final Walk- through of Elementary and Middle School.
Meet in Commons- 7:50 a.m.
8:30 a.m. HS Gym (Graduates need to bring their cap & gown to practice for a large group photo)
Senior Picnic at the FFA Shelter
(immediately following practice) until approx. 12:30 pm (optional)
(invitations sent in the mail) HS Gym
May 18th: Baccalaureate - 7 p.m. HS Commons
May 19th: Graduation 1 p.m., Graduates meet in Library at 12
Friends & Family Seating:
Seating is available on a first come, first serve basis and tickets are not required.
Students will receive tickets to Reserve Seating for up to 6 guests at graduation practice.
Students may place those tickets on chairs or bleacher sections following Baccalaureate on Saturday or Sunday prior to the Graduation.
Handicap Seating requests- please email Mrs Danko at firstname.lastname@example.org
2019 Graduation Contract
Graduation is an important milestone in young lives and for the community. With this in mind, we have a set of expectations students should adhere to in order to maintain the dignity of the event for ALL participants.
Please read the following closely. If you choose to participate in commencement exercises please sign, along with a parent/guardian and return to Ms. Roemer or Mrs. Danko by April 1, 2019.
- All fines and fees must be paid to the front office by FRIDAY, MAY 17, 2019. This includes, but is not limited to: lost or damaged books, lunch money, missing locks, industrial tech or music fees, and the return of all sports uniforms, unless competing in State athletic events. While families receive a monthly statement of any outstanding fees, all effort will be made to let families know about any end of the year expenses such as lost or damaged books by TUESDAY, MAY 14, 2019.
- Mandatory Graduation Practice will be held on Friday, May 17th, in the high school at 8:30 a.m. It follows an optional walk-through of the buildings as a final farewell which will start at 7:50.
- MANDATORY GRADUATION PRACTICE will take approximately two to two and a half hours, depending on how cooperative students are. You are required to stay for the duration.
- MANDATORY GRADUATION PRACTICE requires that all students bring the shoes they will wear for Graduation.
- CLASS PICNIC. Following graduation practice the class will have a cookout at the FFA shelter weather permitting. If you are planning to attend, please note on the participation sheet and sign up with class officers for a dish to pass or volunteer to help with set-up/clean-up.
- Graduation is an important milestone for all of the graduating class and you will dress accordingly. Your options for graduation attire, under your graduation robe include:
- School appropriate dresses
- Skirt or dress pants
- Blouse or collared shirt and tie
- All students will wear dress shoes
- The following are absolutely not allowed
- T- Shirts
- Flip flops
- Gym Shoes of any kind
- Work boots
- No gloves, face paint, sunglasses will be allowed.
- *If you wish to participate in the Graduation Ceremony but can not afford these types of clothes, please see Mrs. Abel by MAY 1, 2019 and accommodations will be made.
- NEW this year, Students will be allowed to decorate the TOP of their graduation cap. Please see attached guidelines for decorations of caps.
Please fill out below and return to Ms. Roemer, Mrs. Danko or the front office by April 1, 2019
Student Name: ___________________________________
I plan to participate in the following:
_____ Field Trip to Great America on May 11th. This will be an overnight “Grad Night.” $53 will be paid to the front office by April 26 to attend. This will cover admission, coach bus trip and an all you can eat picnic meal.
_____ Optional Walk through of the Elementary and Middle School. Be at school by 7:50 AM Friday, May 17 to participate.
_____ Class picnic, please see class officers to sign up for a dish to pass/ volunteer .
Student Signature Date
Parent/ Guardian Signature Date
2019 Cap Decoration Guidelines
The decoration of graduation caps is a symbol of accomplishment and pride. The decorations are used to represent personal statements about the accomplishments you have made in high school, or accomplishments you hope to make in the future. Failure to follow these guidelines will result in the removal of your cap and termination from the 2019 graduation ceremony.
1. Thank a parent, grandparent, teacher, friend
2. Recognize the university you will be attending
3. Recognize your high school
4. Your graduation year
5. The branch of the military you will be joining
6. An inspirational quote
Even if you think your design follows these guidelines, you must still get it reviewed and approved by an administrator. Failure to follow these guidelines will result in your removal from the ceremony. All Cap Designs will be approved by Mr. France by MAY 1, 2019. You will sketch your design on a sheet of 8 ½ by 11 inch paper. Only the approved designs will be permitted on the cap. The final product will be approved by Mr. France by MAY 10, 2019.
Your CAP may not:
1. Contain any advertisement, symbols, abbreviations, initials, words, slogans, patches, or pictures that: Refer to drugs or controlled substances, tobacco, alcohol, or weapons. 2. Allude to anything of sexual nature 3. Denote an affiliation with gangs or which advocate drug use, violence, illegal activity, or disruptive behavior which is detrimental to the safety of other students. 4. Be obscene, profane, vulgar or lewd. 5. Include numbers other than the graduation year. 6. Threaten the safety and welfare of any person.
1. Only the flat, top area of the mortar board may be decorated. 2. There may be nothing hanging down from any of the sides of the cap. 3. Decorations must be flat on the surface of the cap. Large 3D creations are prohibited.
Examples of acceptable Designs: