🚗 🚘 🚙 - More details to come!!
We are all missing the kiddos and our normal routines more than words! I am sorry that this isn't the school year we had all hoped for back in August! We appreciate all your support and flexibility with remote learning! And now we all need some fun!!
On Tuesday, April 21, we will be having a car parade of Elementary staff around Pecatonica and Westlake Village to see all of our amazing students and families! We will be starting at NOON in Pecatonica and following the route the Easter Bunny took, and we will visit Westlake Village after our route through town.
Some rules we have discussed as a staff and learned from the experiences of others who have done this before us...
1) Staff will NOT be exiting cars and we ask that you and your children PLEASE DO NOT APPROACH THE CARS...We are doing this the SAFEST way possible....social distancing is the order of the day, so in our cars we will stay....lots of waves and smiles, we can shout out our windows, honk our horns to say hello, but we will not be exiting cars or touching/hugging...It’s hard for us, too! We miss those hugs a lot!
2) Please feel free to wear crazy hair or a crazy hat....it's crazy hair day and so feel free to add to our silly fun!
3) We will not stop or slow down to talk to people, and we are going to be a huge group of cars with a long route. Please don't think we are rude....we have a lot of ground to cover and want everyone to be safe!
4) We have asked staff to not hand out items or accept items along the way....Please help us stay safe! You can encourage you special teachers and staff with signs, but please don’t give those items to them along the way....We will see and feel the love without taking that reminder with us!
5) If you live outside of the area where the Easter Bunny traveled (rural areas outside of the village) and would like to glimpse us as we drive by, you may park somewhere around town and we ask that you do NOT exit your cars. In order to get permission to have our car parade, we had to ensure we would strictly observe safe, social distancing guidelines.
We are so excited for this fun and memorable way of connecting to our kiddos and families!!!
More details to come, and we are looking forward to seeing you and all your crazy hair and hats on Tuesday!
We will share any route updates, and for now, just save the date and time! 😊😊😊😊 🚙 🚘 🚗 🚗 🚘 🚙 😊😊😊