Hello PCMS Students and Families!
The PCMS Staff heard about the success of the elementary staff parade and decided to do our own. Looking forward to seeing all your faces!
On Thursday, May 7th we will be having a car parade of middle school staff around Pecatonica and Westlake Village! We will be starting at noon in Pecatonica and following the route the elementary staff and Easter Bunny took, and we will visit Westlake Village after our route through town.
Some rules we have discussed as a staff and learned from the experiences of others who have done this before us...SAME AS THE ELEMENTARY STAFF PARADE
1) Staff will NOT be exiting cars and we ask that you and your children PLEASE DO NOT APPROACH THE CARS...We are doing this the SAFEST way possible....social distancing is the order of the day, so in our cars we will stay....lots of waves and smiles, we can shout out our windows, honk our horns to say hello, but we will not be exiting cars or touching/hugging...It’s hard for us, too! We miss those hugs a lot!
2) Please feel free to Rock Out and wear crazy hair or a crazy hat....We want to see everyone one Rockin’ It during this parade!
3) We will not stop or slow down to talk to people, and we are going to be a huge group of cars with a long route. Please don't think we are rude....we have a lot of ground to cover and want everyone to be safe!
4) We have asked staff to not hand out items or accept items along the way....Please help us stay safe! You can encourage your special teachers and staff with signs, but please don’t give those items to them along the way....We will see and feel the love without taking that reminder with us!
5) If you live outside of the area where the Easter Bunny traveled (rural areas outside of the village) and would like to glimpse us as we drive by, you may park somewhere around town and we ask that you do NOT exit your cars. In order to get permission to have our car parade, we had to ensure we would
strictly observe safe, social distancing guidelines.
We are so excited for this fun and memorable way of connecting to our students and families!!!
We look forward to seeing you on Thursday, May 7th!
We will share any route updates during the parade through the school's facebook (Pecatonica CUSD 321) page.
PARADE MAP FOR THURSDAY MAY 7, 2020
For the portion of the middle school staff parade in town on Thursday, May 7th, we will leave promptly at 12 noon from Pecatonica High School:
12 St. to Berglund-Valley View subdivision, up and down 11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-down Washington, up Taylor, back to 3rd and then zig zag other side of town. We will hit Grove and that subdivision then to the apartments and condos behind the fire station, and lastly, we will visit the trailer park.
When we enter Westlake Village, we will:
Enter WLV from Smith Road - Left onto Lakeshore Drive turn left onto Locke Lane (Cul De Sac turnaround/drive on left side) continue left on Lakeshore Drive
Turn Right onto Meadow Drive, turn Left onto Bluestone Ln, Left onto Barberry Drive
Right onto Butterfield Drive
Right onto Lanceleaf Dr then left back onto Bluestone Ln which turns into Rosinwood Drive
Turn left onto Butterfield Drive and right onto Meadow Drive
Right onto Lakeshore Drive then left onto Pemberton PL (Cul De Sac turnaround/Drive on left side) left back onto Lakeshore Drive
Left onto Whitnall Pl (Cul De Sac turnaround/Drive on left side)
Left back onto Lakeshore Drive then left onto Senna Pl (Cul De Sac Turnaround/Drive on RIGHT SIDE a bit tricky with the full parade behind us)
We will miss 3 houses on the end of Lakeshore Drive
Turn Right back onto Lakeshore Drive to head to the otherside of the lake
Turn Right onto Smith Road then Right onto WLV Drive then left onto Springhill Road which turns into Foxglove
Left onto Foxglove Court (Cul De Sac Turnaround/Drive on Leftside)
Left back onto Foxglove Ln which turns into Westridge Drive
Turn Left into Westridge Ct (Cul De Sac Turnaround/Drive on left side) Left back onto Westridge Drive which turns into Westwind Drive
Turn left onto Country Meadow Drive back to Westwind Drive (going by twice) STOP sign then straight onto Riverson PL (Cul De Sac Turnaround/Drive on left side)
Turn left onto WLV Drive then Left onto Clearwater Pointe (Cul De Sac Turnaround/Drive on left side)
Turn left onto WLV Drive then Left onto Westbrook Pointe (Cul De Sac Turnaround/Drive on left side)
Turn left onto WLV Drive then left onto Lake Pointe (Cul De Sac Turnaround/Drive on left side)
Turn left onto WLV then left onto Edgewater Pointe (Cul De Sac Turnaround/Drive on Left side)
Turn left onto WLV then left onto Bayside Pointe (Cul De Sac Turnaround/Drive on Left side)
Turn left onto WLV Drive then left onto Lakeview Drive (Community Center Entrance) Continue on Lakeview Drive until back onto WLV Drive to exit Smith Road.
We will post an update when we are headed to Westlake. We look forward to seeing you!!!